The mission of the Chopra Addiction and Wellness Center is to provide a safe and compassionate environment where guests suffering from addictive behaviours or traumatic experiences can receive the tools they need to achieve balance and the integration of body, mind and spirit that are required for healing and wellness.
Our mission includes contributing to the global awareness and betterment of health and wellness.
We are a private residential wellness center, committed to providing the safety, expertise, and support for you or your loved one to reclaim, develop, and sustain a meaningful life free from addiction and other destructive behaviors.
Successful recovery and wellness demands tremendous commitment and accepting responsibility for one’s life.
- • To help our guests experience balance and integration of body, mind and spirit.
- • To provide guests with high quality therapeutic services and tools that will enable them to make ongoing healthy, conscious choices in their lives.
- • To be an active positive influence and asset in the community.
- • To create and maintain a healthy, rewarding, and enjoyable workplace.
- • To contribute to research for progressing knowledge of effective interventions and services.
Beliefs and Values
- • We believe that life is precious and priceless, and deserves the utmost attention and care. We all deserve to live in the present and experience joy and healthy relationships.
- • We believe health requires balance and integration of body, mind and spirit.
- • We believe the path to health and wellness can be achieved with personal responsibility, commitment and support.
- • We value individuals’ strengths and wisdom in their unique journey for healing and growth.
- • We believe healthy connections with family, friends and community are important components of recovery and wellness.
- • We also believe fun, love, and humor play critical roles in wellness. The Center works to support appropriate access and expression of these essential ingredients for health.
The Chopra Addiction and Wellness Center was founded in Squamish, BC in partnership with the world-renowned Chopra Center for Wellbeing. Originally called Paradise Valley Wellness Centre, the center is spearheaded by Nirmala Raniga, an addiction specialist who is dedicated to the philosophy that people suffering from addictive behaviours need to be treated with respect and kindness.
With compassion and hope in mind, and with tremendous support from the Squamish community and health care professionals, Ms. Raniga took the courageous step of establishing this unique therapeutic residential treatment center. The goal of the Chopra Addiction and Wellness Center is to provide guests from all walks of life, who are suffering on a daily basis from addiction or underlying issues, with an exceptional opportunity to heal and move beyond that pain to experience joy. Guests receive a full range of coordinated and integrated services from initial assessment, treatment and post-residential stages.
Professional therapists and health care practitioners who are experienced in treating people with addiction, help guests discover how certain events in life have led to unhealthy behaviors. Our staff guides guests to gain new insights, leading to healthy functional thoughts, behaviors, and ways of expressing feelings.
Chopra Addiction and Wellness Center is committed to promoting and supporting a path of health and wellness to all who recognize they need change!