4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
2 large Macintosh apples, chopped
1-2 inches ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 yellow onion, diced
2 Tbsp coconut oil
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp turmeric
1 can of organic coconut milk
4-5 cups vegetable broth
Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the onions in coconut oil + salt for 5 minutes
- Add the garlic and ginger sauté for another 5 minutes
- Add the carrots and sauté for 7-10 minutes. Stir often.
- Once the carrots are softened, add the apples, nutmeg and turmeric, stirring until the apples are soft and spices are combined.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Turn down and let the soup simmer for 20 minutes.
- Allow the soup to cool before adding it to a blender.
- Blend soup and pour back into pot.
- Stir in coconut milk over low heat and add salt and pepper to taste.