Like all Indian dishes, this is so unbelievably easy, easy and easy. Try it!
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 1 small handful fresh curry leaves (25 ish)
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds (preferably black)
- 2 finely chopped medium onions
- 4 tbspns chopped garlic
- 2 large chopped tomatoes (2 cups)
- 1 tspn ground cumin
- 1 tspn turmeric
- ½ tspn cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tspn salt
- ½ tspn black pepper
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 lb eggplant cut into 1” cubes
- 1 lb cauliflower small florets
- 1 lb sweet peppers
- ¾ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup cooked rice per person
- If you do not wish to use the eggplant, cauliflower or sweet peppers, try zucchini or fennel Heat oil to a medium/high heat, add curry leaves and mustard seeds and then cook for one minute or until the mustard seeds begin to pop (do not burn).
- Reduce heat to medium and add onions to the pot and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Now, add the tomatoes, cumin, turmeric, cayenne, salt, black pepper and coconut milk. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add your choice of vegetables and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Serves 6 – or serves 10 as a side dish.