- • 1 large head broccoli
- • 1 teaspoon ghee or olive oil
- • 1 cup chopped leeks or onions
- • 2 teaspoons Braggs Liquid Aminos or tamari
- • 1 teaspoon thyme
- • 1 teaspoon marjoram
- • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- • 1 teaspoon dill
- • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- • 1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped, or substitute 2 tablespoons almond butter for richer taste
- • 4 cups vegetable stock
- • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Cut the broccoli head into florets. Peel and chop the stalk.
Heat the oil in a soup pot. Add the leeks, aminos, herbs, and spices.
Sauté for 2 or 3 minutes, then add the broccoli and the finely chopped almonds. If you are using almond butter, add later. Sauté the almonds and broccoli, with the herbs and spices, for several minutes; stir frequently.
Add the stock and bring to a boil (if you’re using almond butter, add it now), then reduce the heat. Simmer the soup until the broccoli is almost soft. Be careful not to overcook the broccoli.
Let the soup cool for about 10 minutes, then purée with a hand blender or food processor.
Reheat; then add the lemon juice. Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Chopra.com