If you are running short on time and need to come up with a great dessert, this is definitely one that you could put together in a few minutes.
- 8 oz dark chocolate chips
- 6 oz 36% cream (full fat – even double cream)
- 1 whole egg
- Flavour (optional – see below)
- Place chocolate chips in the blender. Add warm cream which you will have simmered on the stove and leave it for one minute to soften the chocolate. Blend the mixture for 30 seconds or until the mixture appears to be smooth. Add the egg and blend for an additional 30 seconds. Presto!
- Pour mixture into four or five ramikins (depending on size) and put in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- If you wish you can use any fruit, nuts or dried fruit at the bottom of the ramikin.
- Of course, chocolate pudding would not be completed without cream. I suggest that you use either vanilla, zest of an orange, candy cane or mint and honey.